When it comes to curly hair, most of the people out there use hair products that will only make their hair dry out.
It’s no secret that when you have curly hair, you can never go wrong with using a deep conditioning conditioner.
Shampoo bar is an excellent way to tame those crunchy curls and a great way to protect them from damages caused by regular shampoo or external heat.
They’re great in helping to nourish and moisturize the strands, while lending its protection from the drying effects of regular shampoo.
In this article, we’ll talk about the amazing benefits of shampoo bars as the best option to wash your type of curly hair, where we’ll then pick the best ones among them and teach you how to find the right one for your curl type.
Why Shampoo Bars are The Best Shampoo for Curly Hair?
#1: They’re more hydrating than your usual shampoo and conditioner combo.
Your precious curls are these all-encompassing sponge, soaking up everything around it. The more you wash it, the more you’re stripping away the natural oils that keep your scalp healthy and hydrated.
By washing it less often and using shampoo bars for curly hair, you’ll have healthier, softer curls with less frizz.
#2: They’re great for color-treated hair.
You’ve probably seen the crazy “color pop” commercials on TV where women go from dark to bright blonde in seconds.
This can be caused by a combination of bleach and harsh shampooing, which strips away its natural color and causes the roots to become brittle. A shampoo bar will help you avoid this problem by gently cleaning your hair without stripping away any color. also great for people who want to add highlights or low lights to their color-treated hair, because you can use shampoo bars for curly hair even on wet curls.
#3: You’ll get better results without stripping away color by using shampoo bars a result of its conditioning properties.
If you have dry or damaged curls, you may find that your hair will feel softer and smoother with the use of shampoo bars.
#4: They’re cheaper than traditional shampoo.
You may be thinking, “Is it really worth it to save a few dollars?” The answer is yes! If you’re struggling to pay for shampoo, then you definitely want to consider a shampoo bar. You can buy one for less than $10, so there’s no reason to spend hundreds of dollars on a bottle of shampoo.
#5: Shampoo bars are ideal for traveling.
Or, you know, when you don’t want to take your entire shower with you. It’s easy to pack them in your suitcase and take them with you wherever you go.
How to Chose The Best Shampoo Bars for Curly Hair
Are you searching for a shampoo bar that will nourish and protect your locks without breaking the bank?
The best shampoo and conditioner bars for curly hair are the ones that come in an affordable price range.
Most of these are not cheap at all, but some will meet your price point.
They may not be the best quality, but you will still get your money’s worth from them.
As you know, there are numerous types of shampoo bars in the market. But how do you choose the right one?
Ask no more!
1. The first and foremost thing to consider is the type of bar you need. There are two main types:
a) Hydrating Shampoo Bar is used to replenish the natural moisture in your hair, or to maintain the moisture level in your hair.
b) Sulfate-free Shampoo Bar is a non-sulfate shampoo bar containing only natural plant extracts and essential oils.
It is free of parabens, sulfates, sodium lauryl sulfate, mineral oil, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, phthalates, petroleum products, gluten, and artificial colorants. How to use: Apply shampoo bar to wet hair and work into a lather, rinsing thoroughly.
2. Next, you have to decide on your hair type. Are you a fine, thick or curly hair? Is your hair dry, oily or normal? Then you have to find the right product for your hair.
The Best Shampoo Bars for Curly Hair: The Ones to Buy, and The DIY Guide for You Creative Curly Folks Out There!
Finding the right shampoo bar for curly hair can be a challenge. It’s not just about finding one that works with your hair type and help you loosen and fix your curl patterns, it’s also about finding one that doesn’t dry out your hair or leave it feeling sticky.
This is why we decided to compile a list of the best shampoo bars and conditioners for curly hair.
1. Shampoo Bar from Ouidad Ouidad has been making products for hair since the 1990s and is known as the leader in the industry.
They have been around for a long time, so they have mastered the art of making hair products that will last. Their shampoo and conditioner bars for curly hair are among of their best-selling product lines for a reason.
Ouidad No-Drip Shampoo Bar for Curly Hair comes in a 2 oz bottle, and it works great for people who want to add moisture to their hair without feeling weighed down or sticky. It has a great scent to it and is easy to use. This is one of the best shampoo bars for curly hair.
Another one from the same brand, is Ouidad Shampoo Bar that works great on curly hair.
It’s an affordable product that is effective at cleansing the hair while adding moisture. Shea butter adds hydration, making sure your curls will be soft and bouncy.
2. Shampoo Bar from TIGI TIGI’s shampoo bar is designed to help dry hair get soft and smooth. It’s rich in moisturizing oils, protein, and vitamins.
A little goes a long way; so you don’t have to worry much about the dollar.
This particular one contains aloe vera, lavender, tea tree oil, jojoba oil, rosemary oil, and vitamin E.
2. Halo Curls Halo Curls is a line of shampoo bars made specifically for curly hair. They’re packed with oils and are designed to protect your hair from the damage that comes with shampooing. They’re also lightweight, which means you won’t feel like you’re using a heavy product.
3. Definitely Curly Shampoo Bar This shampoo bar is designed for curly hair, and it contains natural oils that help to nourish and moisturize your hair. It has a clean, fresh scent and is made from the highest quality ingredients.
It has a wide range of benefits, from nourishing to smoothing and detangling.
4. Bumble and bumble has been making products for hair for over 30 years. They have a lot of experience and are well-known for making great hair products.
Their hair care range includes mousse, shampoo, conditioner, styling tools, and more.
It is recommended to use an all-natural product in order to keep your hair healthy.
5. L’Oreal Paris have a range of products for curly hair, from shampoos to conditioners and more. Their shampoo bars are super moisturizing and will leave your hair feeling soft and silky after use.
How To Make DIY Shampoo Bars That Smell Great While Taking Care of Your Curls!
I am always looking for new and exciting ways to save money, so I came up with this idea of making my own DIY shampoo bars.
Now you may be thinking, “Why on earth would anyone want to make their own shampoo?”
I can understand why you would think that, but there are a couple of reasons why you would want to do it.
1. It is cheaper than buying it in the store. If you are not someone who likes to go to the store every week to buy shampoo, then you might want to consider making your own. It costs about $2.00 per bottle to buy shampoo at the store, whereas making your own costs only around $3.00 per bottle.
2. You don’t have to use toxic chemicals on your hair with DIY shampoo bars.
Yes, we all love to feel clean and fresh when we shower, but what if you are trying to cut back on your usage of toxic chemicals in your home? This is a great way to start using less products and less toxins.
3. You can make it how you want. The key to this idea is that you can make it how you want. You can add your favorite essential oils to it and you can even add other ingredients that you might not normally think of putting in your shampoo bar.
It is a great way to save money and to use up old shampoo. If you have a friend who wants to try out this recipe, then they can use it over and over again.
4. You can use it as a personal, heart-melting gift for someone else.
They will never know that you went to so much effort to make it for them.
Interested to make shampoo bars of your own?
You will need:
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Cups of Rice Flour
- 2 Cups of Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Vitamin E Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Wheat Germ Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Thyme Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Patchouli Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Orange Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Clove Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ginger Essential Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Basil Essential Oil
In a large bowl, add the olive oil and whisk well. Add all of the other ingredients (you’re welcome to mix and match the oils to get the one that matches your preference), except the rice flour. Whisk until well blended.
Add the rice flour and whisk well. Use your hands to knead the mixture for about 5 minutes, until it is smooth.
Then put the dough in a plastic container with a lid. Put the lid on and let it sit for at least 2 hours.
Once the dough has rested, divide it into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 1/2-inch thick rectangle. Slice each of these rectangles into 1/4-inch slices. Take one slice, place it in the palm of your hand, and roll it out so that it is 1/4-inch thick. Place this in the middle of a cookie sheet, then put a piece of parchment paper over the top of the cookie sheet.
Repeat this process for the other three slices.
Let the dough dry for another two hours. After the second drying period, bake each of the four slices in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
Remove from the oven, and let cool completely.
You can keep the bars in an airtight container for up to a month.
Shampoo and Conditioner Bars for Curly Hair: Yes or No?
If you aren’t using a shampoo and conditioner bars for your curly hair, you’re missing out on a lot of their amazing benefits. And the benefits are quite a lot more than you’d ever expect.
Shampoo and conditioner bars for curly hair are much better option for cleaning your hair than most best shampoo for curly hair out there. They also make your hair easier to comb and style. They can be used as a leave-in conditioner, too, the ones that don’t strip your hair of its natural oils like regular shampoos do.